The purpose of the OCHCC Technology Committee is to assist the Chamber in the use of technology to support its mission, as well as to assist chamber members in leveraging existent technology to improve their business performance.
Participation in the committee is completely open and any member can register to participate in the meetings. The committee meets once a month at the chamber offices in Santa Ana.
Among the activities that the committee has engaged over the past year:
• Conducted a technology survey; this survey was sent out to members and non-members as well.
• Worked with the state of California to create a partnership between the OCHCC and the Employment Training Panel (ETP). We have contracted with a third-party company to provide technology training to our community; however we expect that in the future the Technology Committee will directly organize the training.
• Reached out to technology companies to procure their cooperation in some of the committee activities.
• Contacted local colleges and universities to explore possible joint efforts directed to promote the application of IT resources in areas like sales, marketing, human resources, etc.
• Provided opportunities to network with other technology businesses by organizing two technology mixers that were sponsored by Orange County Tech companies.
Technology Committee Chair: Wilfredo Lanz
Technology Committee Co-chair: Troy Harrison